WFSA are delighted to launch the first ever World Anaesthesia Photography Competition.
A good photo can say a thousand words, we hope that the photos generated by this competition will tell the stories of the vital – and often unseen – work of the world’s anaesthesia and perioperative care experts.
The competition will celebrate and promote authentic, representative and powerful anaesthesia photos from across the world. Whether you take photos with your phone or the latest digital camera, this competition is open to all anaesthesia and perioperative care providers.
The competition is split across fives themes to represent the anaesthesia working environment. Entrants can pick and choose the theme(s) most relevant to them and their camera.
- Care inside the OR/PACU/ICU
- Care outside the OR/PACU/ICU
- Continued Medical Education (Conferences, resident education, etc)
- The surgical team
- Global health anaesthesia (anaesthesia in low resource settings)
A specially convened panel of judges drawn from WFSA’s Council and Board will select the five theme winners. From these five theme winners the top three prize winners will be selected.
All winners will be showcased on the WFSA website and in the WFSA newsletter. Their photos will be celebrated as part of the World Congress of Anaesthesiologists 2021 and featured in WFSA’s Impact Report 2022.
The three prize winners will receive:
- First prize – VIP pass to World Congress of Anaesthesiologists 2021 + US$ 200 in vouchers
- Second prize – US$150 in vouchers
- Third prize – US$100 in vouchers