Innovation and Research
WFSA Fresenius Kabi Anaesthesia Innovation Awards – Applications Now Open
The WFSA is delighted to open the application process for the second round of the WFSA-Fresenius Kabi Anaesthesia Innovation Awards.
The WFSA Fresenius Kabi Anaesthesia Innovation Awards identifies and supports the development of innovations that have the potential to transform the field of anaesthesia and improve patient safety worldwide.
We are extremely grateful to Fresenius Kabi for their continued support.
The award package:
- Three prizes will be awarded: US$ 20,000; US$25,000; and US$ 30,000.
- Additional funding for mentoring and consultancy to support the development of innovations.
- Platform to showcase innovations at the World Congress of Anaesthesiologists 2024 in Singapore.
- US$6,000 to develop a promotional film.
For this second round of awards, we will prioritise innovations in the following areas:
a) Environmental / Eco friendly anaesthesia – innovations that promote the WFSA Consensus principles of environmentally sustainable anaesthesia.
b) Safer Medication Management – Innovations that improve the efficiency and safety of medication management. Caregivers worldwide need to ensure the safe and patient-centred administration of medicine whilst relieving the burden of work that this can create.
c) Clinical Nutrition in the perioperative setting – Innovations that focus on promoting and ensuring optimal nutrition to improve safety and outcomes for surgical & critically ill patients. As perioperative physicians and intensivists, anaesthesiologists are well placed to influence this essential area of patient safety.
- Apply online at https://wfsagrants.awardsplatform.com/.
- Application closing date – 17 September 2022
- Applicants are required to read the terms and conditions before applying