Applications are now open for WFSA Scholarships to attend the All Africa Anaesthesiology Congress (AAAC) in Kigali, Rwanda from 7-10 September 2022.
The WFSA, in collaboration with the Africa Regional Section (ARS) of the WFSA, the Johnson & Johnson Foundation, and the Else Kröner-Fresenius-Stiftung (EKFS), are generously providing sponsorship for anaesthesiologists working in low- and middle-income (LMIC) countries to attend the congress.More information on the congress can be found here.
Applications are open to individuals from all African countries. Applicants from the Republic of Congo, Kenya and Malawi are particularly encouraged to apply.
The scholarship will cover airfare travel, on the ground transportation, accommodation, meals, travel insurance and registration for the congress. Scholars must take responsibility for exploring covid-related requirements pertinent to their travel (i.e., proof of vaccination).
- Applicants must be anaesthesiologists working in low- and middle-income countries.
- Preference will be given to applicants who present an abstract or poster during the conference.
- Preference will also be given to applicants who have completed training within the last 10 years and are working in teaching hospitals.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are a member of a National Society that is a Member Society of the WFSA and is in good standing.
Application documents required:
- Copy of your CV
- Letter of recommendation from your national anaesthesiology society
- Letter of recommendation from your current institution/hospital
- Copy of your medical certificate and your anaesthesiology qualification/certificate
- Copy of your passport
How to apply:
Please click here to apply using our online application system
The deadline for applications is the 5th of June 2022 at midnight (BST).
Applications will be considered by a panel of anaesthesiologists selected by WFSA, and successful applicants will be informed before the end of June 2022.
Successful applicants must confirm their intention to take up the scholarship within 7 days of notification. Failure to do so will result in the scholarship being offered to the next applicant.