Applications to serve on the WFSA Council and Board from 2024 are live until 20 October 2023
The Board is responsible for the management of the Federation in line with the decisions of the General Assembly, also taking account of the recommendations of the Council. The Board meets virtually approximately every month and face-to-face usually twice a year. In practice, and thanks to our increasingly connected world, Board members provide daily leadership, guidance, and stewardship for our busy global organisation.
We are calling for nominations for the following Board positions:
- President Elect – with automatic progression to President position
- Director of Programmes
- Director of Partnerships
- Director of Memberships (Term to start only if this new position is approved by the 2024 General Assembly)
The Council is the body in which representatives of the Federation’s Geographical Regions and Committees meet to discuss matters which concern the organisation as a whole. The Council gives advice and recommendations on policy and subjects of common interest to the Federation.
We are calling for nominations for fifteen (15) Regional Representatives of Full Member Societies according to the following geographical allocation:
- Africa & Middle East (3)
- Asia (4)
- Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific Islands (1)
- Europe (3)
- Central and South America, Mexico, and the Caribbean Islands (2)
- North America (2)
Important: Please note that at the General Assembly in March 2024, Member Societies will be asked to approve proposed changes to the terms of office for Regional Representatives and Board Officers. Once approved, Council and Board terms will change to two-year terms, with the possibility for re-nomination for two additional two-year terms. This is designed to better align with the new biennial World Congress structure.
Please note that the new Board ‘Director of Memberships’ position and the number of Regional Representatives are subject to approval by the General Assembly in March 2024.
How to apply:
Click on ‘Start Application’, select Chapter ‘WFSA Council nominations 2024-2028’ and under ‘Categories’ please select the geographical region you wish to represent.
Click on ‘Start Application’, select Chapter ‘WFSA Board Officers nominations 2024-2028’ and under ‘Categories’, please select the specific role you are applying for.
Please have the following documents to hand when completing your application form as these are required for your application.
- A completed Application Form.
- An abbreviated and up-to-date CV/resume (no more than three A4 pages)
- A letter of motivation outlining what you will bring to the Council OR Board (max. 1 page).
- A passport-sized photograph.
- A letter in which your own WFSA Member Society describes why they consider you to be qualified for this position.