Innovation and Research
WFSA Fresenius Kabi Anaesthesia Innovation Awards
The WFSA Fresenius Kabi Anaesthesia Innovation Awards identifies and supports the development of innovations that have the potential to transform the field of anaesthesia and improve patient safety worldwide.
UPDATE: WFSA-Fresenius Kabi Anaesthesia Innovation Awards (II)
The WFSA is delighted to announce that there will be a second round of the WFSA-Fresenius Kabi Anaesthesia Innovation Awards. We are extremely grateful to Fresenius Kabi for their continued support.
The WFSA expects to open the WFSA-Fresenius Kabi Anaesthesia Innovation Awards (II) for applications in February 2022. Applications will be in response to identified Grand Challenges in Anaesthesia. The Grand Challenges will be defined by WFSA and Fresenius Kabi.
The award package:
- Three prizes will be awarded: US$ 20,000; US$25,000; and US$ 30,000.
- Additional funding for mentoring and consultancy to support the development of innovations.
- Platform to showcase innovations at the World Congress of Anaesthesiologists 2024 in Singapore.
- US$6,000 to develop a promotional film.
- There will be a single round for applications and assessment early in 2022.
- Innovation Award Winners will have over two-years to develop their innovations prior to the World Congress of Anaesthesiologists 2024.
- Further details about how to apply will be published and promoted in January 2022.
Previous Award winners
2017– SmartBlade: Video laryngoscope by Caroline Corbett and Nick Nevin