Applications Open: 2023 Regional Anaesthesia Fellowships in Kumasi, Ghana
The Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital is offering one Regional Anaesthesia Fellowship position starting in May 2023. The duration of the fellowship is 3 months.
Applications are now invited for a scholarship for this position. The successful applicant will receive funding to cover tuition, accommodation and subsistence living expenses. Funding is provided by the WFSA.
The fellow will work at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital and teaching will be provided by local faculty and visiting specialists.
All applicants must be registered medical practitioners in their country of origin and eligible for registration with the Ghana Medical and Dental Council.
- Must be supported in their application by their own national anaesthesiology society which must be a member society of the WFSA.
- Must be supported in their application by their head of department or hospital management.
- Must be returning to their home country to a recognized post.
- Should ideally be working in a teaching hospital
How to apply
Please head to our online application platform to register/login.
Select Chapter ‘Fellowships’ and Category ‘Kumasi Regional 2023’.
Application Deadline: 31 January 2023.
Complete your application form and upload the following documents.
- Curriculum vitae with one recent photo and the names of two referees
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s national anaesthesiology society
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s head of department or hospital management
- Copy of medical degree
- Copy of specialist anaesthesiology qualification
- Copy of photograph page of Passport”
Applications will be considered by a panel of anaesthesiologists selected by WFSA, and the successful applicant will be informed by the end of February at the latest.
The successful applicant must confirm their intention to take up the scholarship within 2 days of notification. Failure to do so will result in the scholarship being offered to the next applicant.
For more information, please contact the course coordinator, Prof. Akwasi Antwi-Kusi