Applications open: 2023 Obstetric Anaesthesia Fellowship, Port Harcourt, Nigeria
The University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital is offering one Obstetric Anaesthesia Fellowship position starting in July 2023. The duration of the fellowship is 6 months.
The successful applicant will receive funding to cover tuition, accommodation and subsistence living expenses. Funding is provided by WFSA.
Fellows will work at the University of Port Teaching Hospital. Teaching will be provided by local faculty and visiting specialists.
All applicants must be registered Physician Anaesthetists in their country of origin.
- Must be supported in their application by their own national Anaesthesiology society which must be a member society of the WFSA.
- Must be supported in their application by their head of department or hospital management.
- Must be returning to their home country to a recognized post.
- Should ideally be working in a teaching hospital
How to apply
Please head to our online application platform to register/login.
Select Chapter ‘Fellowships’ and Category ‘Port Harcourt Obstetrics 2023’.
The deadline for applications: 31 January 2023.
Applications need the following documents uploaded:
- Curriculum vitae with one recent photo and the names of two referees
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s national anaesthesiology society
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s head of department or hospital management
- Copy of medical degree
- Copy of specialist anaesthesiology qualification
- Copy of photograph page of Passport
Applications will be considered by a panel of anaesthesiologists selected by WFSA, and successful applicants will be informed by the end of February at the latest.
Successful applicants must confirm their intention to take up the scholarship within 2 days of notification. Failure to do so will result in the scholarship being offered to the next applicant.
For more information, please contact the course coordinator, Prof. Sotonye Fyneface-Ogan