Made possible through generous donations from partner organisations and individuals, the WFSA is now offering scholarships for WCA 2024
About the WCA
Representing over 130 countries, the WCA is the only international congress addressing anaesthesiology globally.
The 18th WCA, taking place in Singapore 3 – 7 March 2024, will provide scholars with the opportunity to learn about the latest techniques and equipment used in the field of anaesthesia and the possibility for anaesthesiologists to present research.
The WCA encourages French, Mandarin and Spanish-speaking anaesthesiologists worldwide to attend. However, to ensure maximum engagement, participants are advised to have a basic understanding of English as the core of the congress will be conducted in English.
Expenses covered by the scholarship
Successful applicants will receive:
- Round-trip travel to Singapore
- Visa application fees
- Admission to the full congress
All applicants must be:
- Full-time anaesthesiologists
- Registered and practicing medical practitioners in their country of origin
- From a low to middle-income country
- Members of their National Society of Anaesthesiologists (with few exceptions according to country)
- Have completed their anaesthesiology training within the last 5 years
Preference will be given to:
- Early career anaesthesiologists
- Anaesthesiologists working in a teaching hospital.
Presenting research is strongly encouraged, and abstracts must be submitted on the WCA website before the 15 October 2023.
How to apply
Please click here to head to our online application platform to register/login. Click on ‘WCA Singapore 2024 – start application’, select Chapter ‘Scholarships’ and Category ‘WCA Singapore 2024.’ All applications must be submitted on AwardForce by the 15 September 2023.
Please upload the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- A letter of motivation
- Medical degree certificate
- Anaesthesia qualification certificate
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s workplace
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s national anaesthesiology society
- Passport biodata.
A panel of anaesthesiologists selected by the WFSA will consider the candidates and select the successful scholars.
Successful applicants will be informed by the 1 October 2023 and must confirm their intention to take up the scholarship within 5 days of notification. Failure to do so will result in the scholarship being offered to the next applicant.
For more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘WCA Scholarships’.