Society in profile
Every month we take a more in-depth look at one of our members. The aim is to find out about their history, mission, activities and resources. If you would like to feature your society here, please contact Advocacy@wfsahq.org
The Brazilian Society of Anesthesiology (SBA)
The Brazilian Society of Anesthesiology (SBA), founded in on 25th February 1948, is the 3rd largest national society in the world with over 13,000 associates from 24,000 anaesthesiologists working across 24 Brazilian states.
To promote the growth, well-being and scientific development of anesthesiologists and to ensure the quality and safety of perioperatory medicine for society at large.
- Teaching programmes, scientific update and professional security, meeting and exceeding the expectations of its associates and clients.
- History and Tradition
- Storage, organization and dissemination of SBA´s history, generating recognition and identification of its traditions.
- On-going search for process improvement, with the implementation of new practices and projects, for the benefit of its associates and clients.
- Positive perception of SBA by other medical entities and society at large.
- Organizational improvement actions aimed at the commitment, satisfaction and appreciation of all of its associates and collaborators.
- Values of the organization, individuals and society.
- Development of partnerships with its peers, suppliers and clients, based on mutual trust and shared earnings.
- On-going development of tools, which enable the training of its associates, continuously improving their scientific and professional profile.
- Brings together physicians interested in fostering the progress, improvement and dissemination of Anesthesiology, Intensive Therapy, Pain Management and Resuscitation, setting standards for specialty training;
- Enforces the Medical Code of Ethics, SBA’s Professional and Economic Code and defends the professional interests of its members;
- Sponsors Anesthesiology Congresses, both nationally and internationally;
- Grants the Higher Title in Anesthesiology (TSA);
- Grants the Specialist Title in Anesthesiology (TEA) and the Certificate in the Pain Management Field;
- Publishes the Brazilian Journal of Anesthesiology and Anesthesia in Review;
- Grants prizes, according to its own regulations.
BJAN, Anesthesia in Review, Academia SBA, SBA Podcast, E-books, books, courses, webinars, symposia, associate benefits’ programme, etc.
Promotion of virtual and physical congresses, webinars, advocating for anaesthiesiology together with national and international collaborators. SBA also look to support of regional associations and other partners including TEA, TSA, SBA Life.