The President of the NSA, Dr Onajin-Obembe, was elected as the President of the African Regional Section of the WFSA, and the NSA Secretary, Dr Ogboli-Nwasor is a co-opted member of the WFSA Education Committee.
The society complied its first Membership Directory, and NSA members have completed the WFSA Fellowship training in different subspecialties which are Pain, Obstetrics, Paediatrics, Regional Anaesthesia, and ICU.
The society endorsed the Ketamine fact sheet.
In November, NSA held its 22nd Annual Scientific Conference in Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria. A successful workshop on ICU was anchored by Dr John Sampson and Camila Lyons at this conference.
NSA also received an invitation to join G4 Alliance.
Nigerian Society of Anaesthetists
Department of Anaesthesia, Bingham University Teaching Hospital, Jos, Plateau State
Phone: +234 8120 409 500 / +234 803 701 0020
President: Dr Elizabeth OGBOLI-NWASOR
Secretary: Dr Aderonke ADESIYAN
Treasurer: Dr Morayo Salawu
AGM Date: 23 November 2018
Preferred Language: English
Year Joined: 2000
Anaesthesia Workforce Data
- PAP Density: 0.58
- Population: 182,202,000
- Physicians: 58,363
- Physician anaesthesia providers: 1,050
- Surgeons: 1,827
- Nurse anaesthesia providers: 250
- Other anaesthesia providers: 0
- No. of physician providers that have an anaesthetic qualification: 652
- Minimum duration of training (years) for physician anaesthesia providers: 5
- Typical duration of training (years) for nurse anaesthesia providers: 2
- Typical duration of training (years) for non physician / non-nurse anaesthesia providers: 0