Fund a WCA Virtual Scholarship
US taxpayers should choose USD if they wish to receive a tax receipt. UK taxpayers should choose GBP if they wish to Gift Aid their donation.
Virtual WCA2024 Scholarships
A virtual WCA2024 scholarship will mean colleagues from resource-poor contexts can experience WCA2024 and the world-class scientific programme on offer.
A donation of just USD 50 will offer a colleague the chance to participate in WCA2024 as a Virtual Scholar. A WCA Scholarship is invaluable to career progression and can have a transformative effect on healthcare in low-resource settings.
With your support, we aim to enable at least 500 virtual Scholars to attend WCA2024 in March 2024.
Why support a virtual scholar?
- Attendance at a truly global event with over 4,500 delegates and stakeholders from over 100 countries.
- The 18 different scientific tracks developed by internationally renowned experts, covering a broad variety of topics and workshops
- Scholars will access: scientific sessions on the latest developments and techniques in anaesthesia, alongside networking and learning opportunities.
Thanks to generous donations from partners including Smile Train, we are providing in-person Scholarships to over 60 early-career anaesthesiologists from 37 low- and middle-income countries (LMICs), from Bhutan to Peru.
We are grateful to the following supporters:
- Asian Australasian Regional Section (AARS)
- Australian New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA)
- Association of Anaesthetists (AA)
- Anaesthesia Patient Safety Foundation (APSF)
- Australian Society of Anaesthetists (ASA)
- Korean Society of Anaesthesiologists (KSA)
- Laerdal Foundation
- New Zealand Society of Anaesthetists (NZSA)
- Smile Train