Ad-Hoc Sustainability Committee
The function of the Ad Hoc Sustainability Committee is to engage with the WFSA, other societies and peer medical associations on sustainability in anaesthesia
The healthcare industry has a disproportionally large environmental footprint that affects our communities and patients. The operating room is the largest consumer of resource and producer of waste in most hospitals.
Environmental health and sustainability is an issue that currently spans multiple WFSA committees and membership societies. The subject touches upon professionalism, practice management, leadership, ethics, public health, population health, equipment and facilities, medication management and scarcity of resources.
Key committee aims:
- Educate and promote environmental stewardship best practices, policies, and strategies among the membership of WFSA through the continuum of education and advocacy programs.
- Assist and guide WFSA leadership and administration on matters of corporate environmental sustainability best practices.
- Provide feedback via WFSA leadership to governmental and accreditation agencies regarding the environmental and potential population health impacts of regulatory mandates that influence anesthesia practice.
- Convene groups for the development of policy statements and the evaluation of potential environmental health impacts of existing WFSA practices, policies, standards, and practice parameters, and provide feedback as appropriate.
- Evaluate and promote methods to optimize perioperative care and pain management in a changing environment
|Professor Jodi Sherman||USA|
|Professor Adrian Gelb||USA|
|Africa and the Middle East|
|Dr Nathalie Mejeni||Cameroon|
|Dr Zane Farina||South Africa|
|Dr Edwin Lugazia||Tanzania|
|Dr Pui San Loh||Malaysia|
|Australia, New Zealand and Pacific|
|Dr Forbes McGain||Australia|
|Central and South America, Mexico and the Caribbean Islands|
|Dr Airton Bagatini||Brazil|
|Dr Claudia Simões||Brazil|
|Dr Christian Nilo Schultz||Chile|
|Dr Kenneth Barker||United Kingdom|
|Dr Gordana Jovanovic||Serbia|
|Dr Salome Meyer||Switzerland|
|Dr Jane Muret||France|
|Dr Cliff Shelton||United Kingdom|
|Dr Vivian Hy Ip||Canada|
|Dr Seema Gandhi||USA|